We are very excited to invite you to a "Once-in-a-Lifetime Opportunity" packed with VALUE!! With 3.0 CEUs possible, this is the most EXCEPTIONAL hands-on workshop you will ever attend.
The one and only, lovely and entertaining ANITA PAUL is coming to Salt Lake City, Utah, and you are invited to attend! You will not want to miss this workshop, especially at this highly REDUCED RATE!
This is a “Once-in-a-Lifetime Opportunity” at a hugely discounted rate for members and nonmembers with Anita Paul Johnston, CSR-CCR-CRR-CRI-CPE-CCP-CBC-CSP.
Make yourself more valuable and preserve the importance of court reporters in the workplace and judicial setting!
To make it even more economical, we will furnish food during the day!! We don't think you will find a better bang for your buck again for such a wonderful and informative seminar, offering up to 3.0 CEUs.
This seriously is the finest hands-on realtime training worldwide!
REALTIME MASTERY WORKSHOPS
GROW YOUR RT SKILLS AND INVEST IN YOUR FUTURE NOW WHETHER YOU ARE A BEGINNER, INTERMEDIATE OR ADVANCED REALTIME WRITER.
• Sound Realtime techniques and drills integrated to YOUR way of writing
• How to handle difficult attorneys, judges, situations (and what exactly to say)
• Excellent solutions to conflicts, prefix and suffix applications to abolish word boundary problems
• Confidence and inspiration, renewed personal pride
• Number translation and punctuation tips for Realtime – beginning to advanced
• Dictionary maintenance processes – you MUST have a clean dictionary in order to write clean Realtime.
• Up to ten ways to write alphabets, with an emphasis on three major ones for Realtime proficiency
• “Smart Strokes” or advanced Realtime techniques; instant shortcuts easy to remember
• Transition to CART and Broadcast Captioning
• Techniques to conquer test-taking nerves; CRR review and mock test
• FUN and laughter (and yes, very hard work; very strong content); Realtime is for briefers and writer-outers
Earn up to 3.0 CEUs in ONE weekend! You can attend any or all days if you wish.
Room block at the Hilton Garden Inn in Salt Lake City, Utah, tell them you are with UCRA and it will be $95 per night if you book before February 20, 2015.
Breakfast and lunch through the hotel will be included with registration. (Thanks very much to Anita’s love of court reporting and her generosity and help in negotiating details with the hotel.) This is the value of the century! It is highly educational, light-hearted, entertaining and a serious must do if you want to be a better writer and learn how to handle difficult situations or transition to closed-captioning, whether it be now or later in life!
If you need to choose certain days, here is a brief outline of each day's instruction. Objectives and Outcomes Day 1 Friday Objectives: Reporters to overcome fear of realtime, apply proven techniques to create cleaner realtime and to present to attorneys and judges.Learn to master conflict solutions. Outcomes: Participants write cleaner conflicts, have renewed self confidence, a shifted attitude toward realtime and their careers in general. Day 2 Saturday Objectives: Offer simple theories to solve word boundary problems – prefixes and suffixes, punctuation techniques, guides for rough drafts, unedited transcripts, hyphenated phrases, advanced conflicts. Outcomes: Cleaner writing for higher tran rates for realtime, greater confidence, presenting more excellent skills to the outside world. Day 3 Sunday Objectives Learn to master alphabets, numbers, advanced techniques, speedbuilding techniques, avoiding obscenities, dictionary cleanup, test-taking techniques. Outcomes: Participants end up with cleaner dictionaries, mastery of more skills, ending up with cleaner dictionary. Day 4 Monday Objectives: CRR overview and mock CRR, learn about hardware and software for court reporters, wireless, learning great test-taking techniques to combat test nerves, troubleshoot, software viruses, transition to CART and captioning. Outcomes: Have a great working knowledge of the technology that pertains to court reporters, knowledge of CART and captioning and how to take tests effectively. CRR tips to pass that and other tests.
Bringing the family? Visit www.skiutah.com/deals-search
Hotel Details: Hilton Garden Inn, Salt Lake City Downtown, 250 West 600 South, Salt Lake City, Utah 84101
• 132 Guestrooms on 4 floors
• 100% non-smoking hotel
• Complimentary airport shuttle available 24/7
• #1 Hilton Garden Inn Brand worldwide "Hotel of the Year" award for 2009, 2010 and 2011
• Trip Advisor - Consistently ranked as #1 or #2 hotel in Salt Lake City
• Direct access from 1-15 and 1-80 corridors
• Starbucks located adjacent to the hotel
• All inside corridors with 48 security cameras on property
• Beautiful double-sided "floor to ceiling" fireplace in lobby area
• Beer and wine service available through room service and restaurant
• Refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker in each room
• Pavilion Pantry with various sundries and individual entrée options that can be taken to the guest room
• Complimentary 24-hour access to large indoor pool and whirlpool
• Complimentary 24-hour access to "state of the art" fitness center
• 24-hour business center with complimentary fax and printing capability
• Complimentary HSIA & wireless internet throughout the hotel
• 32" HD flat screen TV in each room with in-room movies and video games
• Garden Sleep System in each king room
• Full service Great American Grill breakfast at $10.95 per person
• Dinner served each evening from 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm with wine and beer service
• Complimentary outdoor parking
• 3,300 square feet of meeting space
• Large work desk with ergonomic Mirra chair by Herman Miller in each guest room
The Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown is conveniently located 7 miles from the Salt Lake City International Airport and minutes from the Salt Palace, Energy Solutions Arena and Temple Square.
Excellent Great American Grill on site. Our head Chef has over 25 years of experience. Salt Lake City offers a fantastic selection of over 100 restaurants with a wide variety of clubs and night spots within walking distance from the hotel.
Shopping and Entertainment
In the heart of the city you will find;
-City Creek Center which was recently named in America's top 5 best shopping centers;
- Gateway, which is an open-air shopping and entertainment complex;
-Energy Solutions Arena, home of the Utah Jazz;
-The Salt Palace, host to citywide conventions;
-Temple Square, famous for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir concerts;
-Take a guided tour or a self -guided tour of over 40 attractions in the downtown area;
-Only minutes down the road is Rio Tinto Stadium home to the Real Salt Lake soccer team.
-For our guests who wish to extend their stay throughout the weekend you can enjoy our beautiful national parks and monuments - all within a day's drive of the hotel.